Recent Posts:

  • CO Dept Of Revenue Self-Service Portal

  • Get Tax Withholdings On Your Paycheck Dialed In

  • Warrior Accounting January Newsletter Available

  • Tax Rules-Bank Credit Cards vs. Store Credit Cards

  • Warrior Accounting December Newsletter Available

  • CO Income Tax Filing Deadline Changed for 2011

  • IRS Announces 2011 Standard Mileage Rates

  • Beware of e-Mail Tax Scam

  • Get Tax Withholdings On Your Paycheck Dialed In

    In most situations, the tax withheld from your pay will be close to the tax you figure on your return - if you follow these two rules.

    • You accurately complete all the Form W-4 worksheets that apply to you.

    • You give your employer a new Form W-4 when changes occur.

    But because the worksheets and withholding methods do not account for all possible situations, you may not be getting the right amount withheld. This is most likely to happen in the following situations:

    • You are married and both you and your spouse work.

    • You have more than one job at a time.

    • You have nonwage income, such as interest, dividends, alimony, unemployment compensation, or self-employment income.

    • You will owe additional amounts with your return, such as self-employment tax.

    • Your withholding is based on obsolete Form W-4 information for a substantial part of the year.

    • Your earnings are more than $130,000 if you are single or $180,000 if you are married.

    • You work only part of the year.

    • You change the number of your withholding allowances during the year.

    Brian Crouse | 06/10/2011

    QucikBooks Advanced Certified ProAdvisor Online Badge

    Days until May 17

    Latest News

    © Warrior Accounting and Consulting Services 2021, 5310 Ward Road, Suite G-07, Arvada, CO 80002
    T: (720)981-1467 F: (303)328-2962 E:
    Links: Search Site Map Privacy Policy Disclaimer
    Powered by CPA Site Solutions   

    Get In Touch

    Client Portal Login

    Subscribe to our Newsletter